Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Whirlwind

I think life is catching me up in a whirlwind with this new job. I work crazy/weird hours, but the pay is decent at least. I look forward to reaping the benefits of forty hours a week with people who really need someone to help guide them. :) I look forward to being able to actually SAVE money, and being able to buy the things I need/want with the money I've earned. Like, my laptop is going nuts on me some days and the sound won't work right, so I'm going to save up for a new laptop...or maybe one of those all-in-one iMacs for my room.


I've been feeling pretty good, and the visits to the counselor have been helping. She's helped me to learn how to deal with my dad, and right now, she's helping me to learn how to deal with the feelings that cause me to overeat. She asked me to write down what feelings it was that made me want to eat so much. Well, I think I can sum it up:


1.) I feel lonely, so I eat. I don't have a lot of RL friends to go and do things with, so I can get to feeling pretty lonely at times. I'm going to work on this by maybe asking one of my cousins to hang out more often. I know he likes movies, so that's an idea. He has a job, too, so he can pay for himself.


2.) I feel bored. Sometimes when I get everything done, I get really bored, so I eat to occupy myself. I can work on this by doing other things, like reading my favorite book again, drawing, or playing my favorite video game.


3.) I feel worthless/hopeless. I haven't felt like this for a while - thank God - but there's always a possibility that it could crop up again. When it comes, I just need to remind myself that I am NOT worthless/hopeless, and that I mean something to somebody.


4.) I feel sad/frustrated. Sometimes things happen, and I feel sad or frustrated. Eating is a form of stress relief, so I grab a candy bar or a pop and I eat until I can't eat anymore.


If I think of anymore, I'll make another post. Til then, I need to pack my lunch for work~! Arrivederci!!


-Silvner

No comments:

Post a Comment