Monday, February 7, 2011

So, I hit level 85...(+A Yummy Recipe :D)

Today has been pretty uneventful so far. I went to school, had classes...my first class is earlier in the morning, and then I have an hour or so before my next class. So I went into the library between classes, and began doing some quests in Northrend, one of my favorite places in Azeroth. I soloed a bunch of 5-man quests, felt like a god, and it wasn't long before I hit 85, which is the level cap for the current expansion of Cataclysm. Cataclysm has been out for almost three months, but this is my first time hitting a level cap before the next expansion. xD I started playing when Burning Crusade had practically just come out, and the level cap then was 70. I think my Druid made it to 57 before Wrath came out. When Wrath came out, I ditched the Druid for a Death Knight, and leveled her up to 80 right before Cataclysm came out. Now, she's finally 85. My Druid is 60 now, since I've been working on leveling her on and off for a while now, mostly through BGs and dungeons. I'd really like to gear my Death Knight up in Heroics blues, and then start working on leveling my Druid to the level cap. After that, I still have a Warlock, Paladin, and a Worgen Priest I recently rolled, to work on leveling. My favorite Warlock is currently at level 28, and I would love to have her at 85. When she dings 50, I'm planning on sending her to my main server of Coilfang, so I have a good Warlock to add to my level 15 guild. My Paladin is only level 18, but she's quickly become my PVP choice, due to the fact it takes THREE Alliance players to bring her down. (I'm a Horde player through and through, and only my Druid and Priest are Allies.)


I'm thinking of dedicating some of my posts to covering content that other players have trouble with, even though no one really reads this blog...yet. :p Maybe on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I'll dedicated my posts to covering difficult quests in Azeroth - some of the new quests, and some from the old world that I'm particularly fond of. Mondays could be where I cover some of my favorite recipes (that you can totally snack on while gaming if you do that), and go over some particular topics in the world today. I don't know, really. I'm a little afraid to set myself up for a set schedule, mostly due to a fear of failing to adhere to it. I'll sit back and ponder over it.


But I do have a recipe I really love, and I made it last week for dinner. :) My family really loved it. You need a decent sized baking dish for this. I'm not a technical person, I don't know what size the one I used was, so use your best judgement. :D


Chicken and Rice, the Yummy Way:


Needed:
4, decently-sized, chicken breasts
2 small cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup of uncooked rice
2 cups of water
Seasonings (recommended): All-Purpose Greek Seasoning, Salt, & Pepper.


Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Mix the rice, water, & soup together first. Add the chicken breasts, arranging them so they'll cook well. (I personally spaced them out about an inch in the pan.) Bring out your seasonings next. Note: If you do not season them, they will be a little bland. My dad (who is hard to please) liked the particular seasonings I mentioned, though you are free to pick your own. Do NOT be afraid of putting too much on! I seasoned one side of the chicken thoroughly, and flipped them over to get the other side. I put the seasonings in the rice as well, stirring it all together. When you are satisfied, pop into your preheated oven and let it cook for two hours, or until done. If you're unsure, check the temperature with a meat thermometer.


Tomorrow, I'll give you the recipe for my Cornish game hens. ;) They were a big hit with my family, and I'm sure yours would love them as well.


I have to be at work at 2:15, so this concludes my post for now. When I get off, I might make one about the fried potatoes I made that my parents really liked.


Salut!
Silvner


P.S. Topic of thought about the world issues: If the government were allowed to tap into the natural oil reserves in Alaska, do you think the price of oil would decrease dramatically? How would that affect the price of gas? Just some little things to get you thinking. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment